January 06, 2010

Retrospect, Reminisce, Revamp!

Probably those are the 3Rs we all plan to stop over before an old year ends and a new year starts! Do we at all better our lives by retrospection? Or reminiscing and for that matter revamp the entire flow of our lives? Combining these 3, does a concept called New Year Resolution (again an R) crop up? With no vicinity with either of these R’s in my conscious state of mind, I keep on thinking to better myself. Asking the question to myself every year, have I grown up? I definitely did (with friends wishing me on my birthday)! But have I grown up in thoughts, in my sensibilities, judging capacity and alike?


That’s the question that definitely makes me retrospect and reminisce with no ideal answer as to whether I do anything to revamp the structure for betterment! Probably that is the reason why very few take up New Year resolutions and a fraction of those few can actually revamp the OLD to make it NEW. Revamping doesn’t happen overnight. It has to be a gradual process like growing up.

It is better not to take resolute resolutions every New Year, but try to learn from the past for making the future a brand new story. Let me know how many of you actually believe in those 4 R’s and think it can help to better yourself. You could also add or delete any other alphabet (like R) that you might think fit. 

2 comments:

ani_aset said...

it does help me :) last year i made a list of things i wanted to elarn..could not acieve all of them..but yea did end up learning latin ballroom dancing :)

Senorita said...

@Ani But I myself hate to promise myself sumthing that might get lost in oblivion! So, no New Yr resolutions for me!